What Is This Place?

Friday, June 10, 2011

Oh, hello strangers.

So, it's been a while since I've blogged, so I'm a bit rusty at the moment, but hopefully that will change, and quickly.

Today is my first day of summer.  I was going to spend it with my friends, Charity, Nate, and Adam.  We were going to go to the Landing, which is this somewhat ghetto shopping place downtown.  All the shops surround the center part of the place, which is a stage with a circular area for the crowd to be.  (The crowd stands on cobblestone, or sits/stands on cobblestone stairs, or plays in this fountain thing.  Well, it's not a giant fountain, it's just one of those things where they're multiple little holes in the ground that randomly spit water out at you.)  A lot of bands play there.  My dad did a lot when I was little.  I think the best part of the place, though, is the fact that it's right by the river, which is right behind the stage and the stores.  We were going to go there and just hang out together all day.  Adam is going to Michigan for a month, and when he gets back, the busyness of my summer starts.  So, we wanted to hang out one more time before that happens.  Adam hasn't been feeling too great the past coupled of days -- mostly due to his lack of sleep from working on final exam projects -- and he just wasn't up for the task of being outside all day today, which is absolutely fine.  I want him to get better before his trip.  I just also wanted a proper goodbye.  I didn't hug them when I left them yesterday.  Adam and I have been writing letters to each other ever since I dropped out of the only class we have together, because, at the time, there was no other time we talked to each other.  The last letter I wrote, I gave to him on Wednesday, and he never wrote me back.  In joking, he wanted me to write one that he could read throughout the entire summer, -- because my letters are always notoriously longer than his -- and I was going to pull through with that joke, but he never wrote his reply, and I wanted some foundation as to how to start my letter by replying to his.  So, I'm a little sad this morning, but I plan on using ACT practice, Wall-E, Keeping the Moon by Sarah Dessen, and Doctor Who season 5 to distract me.  (I watched the first episode of the season last night, and the entire show definitely got a complete upgrade.  Haha.)

Well, reader, this is hopefully not the last time we talk this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs with floral elements by createthecut