"I always have fun..."

Tuesday, September 7, 2010


Last song heard: The Only Exception by Paramore
(Yes, Paramore is a guilty pleasure of mine.  JUDGE ME.)

I love the moments when I get my mommy to myself.  Don't get me wrong, I love how we can have the same friends and acquaintances, and how we can have fun with the same people together, but I still love those simple moments when we make fun of corny songs and are baffled at how everyone in the world does not come anywhere near our level of perfection. [/sarcasm]

I love how our sweet-tooths (teeth?) coincide with each other. I love how we can moan and groan, or even not say anything to each other, and still know that life is being cruel to the other.

I can honestly say my mom is one of my best friends.  Even if she already has to accept and love me as I am, she somehow goes the extra mile.  She doesn't just love me from a distance.  She loves me in an up close and personal way, and she's always been that way.  I remember coming home from an American history lesson at school, and wanting to tell the whole world what I had learned, and she just sat and listened.  She was engaged and interested in my childish thoughts and the things I was passionate about, even then.  Even if she already knew the things I was telling her, she still kept a facial composure of interest and attentiveness.

I love her so much.




Today was okay.  Not my most stressful of days, but my APUSH teacher was driving me insane.  I have about three or four teachers who have no idea what they are doing, and she is one of the lucky four.  It just irritates me when people cannot fess up to their flaws.

We had a test in that class last week, and basically everyone failed miserably.  She gave us a study guide, and maybe used two of the questions from it on the test, but played them up to be trick questions.  One would think that the logical thought process after seeing that so many had failed your test, that the problem might just be you.  In her eyes, that's, apparently, impossible.  She went on this ramble that made little to no sense about how to study.  So now we'll be taking notes in class.  Now we'll be given even more homework to the already jam-packed load.  Thank you, -insert teacher's name here-.  Thank you so much.

My mom bought Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins about three weeks ago when it was released, and I just started it today.  I missed my fictional worlds.  It has been truly agonizing without them.


I'm on about chapter four, I believe.  It's the part where she finds her prep team.


Every.  Sentence.  Gives.  Me.  Chills.  I want to cry.  I want to scream.  I want to strangle President Snow.  I want Katniss to stop being so naive and gullible about her feelings towards the two males in her life.  I WANT TO READ.  Of course, that's not going to happen, considering the fact that AP Statistics work and AP Lang worksheets on Ethan Frome are waiting for my answer to their obnoxious calls.


I guess I really haven't mentioned Seminary since it started.  I'm trying to have a better attitude about it this year.  I'm trying to be more understanding and humble.  Though, it is a bit difficult when the rest of your class is grumbling.  It's actually not that bad with a positive outlook.  Sister Gevara does a great job, and I'm grateful for that.  It's just hard to be perky and understanding so early in the morning:/.


Well, reader, I'm off to melt in a pot of frustration and woe.  I hope your days have been more relaxed than mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs with floral elements by createthecut