Cuddling Routine

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Woah!  Two blog posts in less than 24 hours?  WHAAAAAT?

Now that that freak out's done, let's get down to business.*

I like to think that I'm a pretty nice person.  I don't like it when people feel left out or awkward.  I don't like to gossip and I don't like talking down to or badly about others.  I like to think I'm pretty good at making polite conversation with the people standing next to me in the Barnes and Noble line or in my Doctrine and Covenants class.  My roommate and I are cool with each other and we've talked quite a decent amount about friend-like topics in the few days that we've known each other.  While this happy nature of friendship very well may just be a facade I've painted for myself to help me sleep at night, I think it's pretty near reality.  However, for the past few days, I have not left my room to go out and socialize.  Sure, I went to a five minute meeting with my bishop and talked to the other members of the bishopric and the other kids that were there for a few minutes.  I went over to my friend, Miry's apartment to have breakfast and I talked to her roommates a little bit, but for some reason I feel like I'm wasting my time.  I've been doing my regular school time routine -- do homework, do Pinterest, YouTube, etc. when I feel like my head is going to explode from homework, then go back to homework, have a snack, and repeat.  For some reason, I can't help feeling like I need to step out of that routine in this new chapter of my life.  Maybe I'm just over-thinking it?  Maybe I should go for a walk and have a conversation with everyone I make eye contact with?

It's not that I'm anti-social.  Believe me, I love spending time with friends and family alike.  I like to go to church dances and school activities, but not all the time.  Often, I'd prefer cuddling up to a book than annoying the person sitting alone in the eating place next to my dorm with small talk, but I feel like I shouldn't be doing the cuddling just yet.  I feel like I should have some well-established friendships before I start locking myself in my room with some Charlotte Bronte.  I wish someone gave me the book on college etiquette before I got here.

P.S. I miss my mommy:(.  That probably just made me sound more anti-social.  For that, I sincerely do not apologize.

*If a certain song from a certain Disney movie just jumped into your brain, please marry me.

3 comments:

  1. That person sitting alone eating (probably especially this early in the semester) is also probably trying to figure out how to/whether to strike up a conversation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suggestion, to be accepted or utterly ignored according to your preference: study in a public place. You're more likely to run into people you know and also to meet new people, especially if you augment your Pinterest/Youtube segments with chatting. Of course, sometimes it's harder to study in crowded places, so what worked for me may not work for you.
    Now I'm going to be quiet because I feel like I'm talking too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks. Yeah, that was one thing I thought about doing and did for a bit of the afternoon that day.

      Delete

 
site design by designer blogs with floral elements by createthecut