Summer Livin'

Saturday, June 7, 2014

Things I have learned so far this summer:

1) Always get the warranty.
    a. If you're going to let your phone break, make sure it's before the
        warranty is up.
2) Never drink Florida tap water.
3) Always feed the missionaries.

If you're out of my loop, I am doing the Disney College Program this summer.  I started April 28th and the first couple of weeks were kind of rough with all the training and adjusting, but I finally feel settled into my routine at work and my life for the summer here in Orlando (which is almost halfway over already!).

I was lucky enough to get roommates that all go to BYU or BYU-I, which was a big weight off my shoulders.  I mean, I would have been happy to live with people who aren't members of the church, but I have never actually had that experience. Well, I did have one roommate my freshman year that wasn't a member, but she ended up getting baptized and was already living the same kind of lifestyle as a member.  So...

I really have grown to love these girls, though.  It's great that we're all LDS, but it's even greater that we're all LDS with the same goofy personalities.






Another great thing about these ladies is the fact that collectively they came with a car (because taking the bus everywhere becomes claustrophobic and painful), a water purifier (because Florida water is Satan's water), and a love for Chick Fil A (because everyone should possess such love).

The car has also come in handy when I have done the graceful things that I do like forget to get extra ingredients for that extra batch of something and when I accidentally drop my phone on the kitchen floor and it refuses to show its usual screen.

Another great thing about these gals is that they love missionary work.  We are fortunate enough to be in an awesome ward with awesome missionaries.  Our elders have the weird assignment of only being able to teach those in the Disney College Program.  So, they're around our apartments all the time and we have fed them twice in the past two weeks.

The second meal we had called for me being in charge of desserts.  I went big and tried these Mini Nutella Cheesecakes out for size.  They were delicious, but they were not very delicious to the eyes.



(The whipped cream melted shortly thereafter.)

(Cassie on the left was in charge of lemonade; Laurel on right was working on the salad)

As a gift we got the elders cereal.  I probably should preface that by explaining the first time they came over for dinner, we jokingly told them that we made them cereal.  We also thought it would be appropriate to wrap the cereal boxes in bright pink wrapping paper and complete with a pink fluffy bow.  I think they appreciated it.





It's been a great summer thus far.  I work a lot of hours, but when I have some days off or a few hours of freedom, I get to spend that time with these incredible people, and that's all I could ever really ask for.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs with floral elements by createthecut