Today's Dilemma

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The title of this post evokes thoughts of a possible revolution in Egypt or maybe even how many curse words are said by high school students during only the first hour of school.  I'm sorry to disappoint you, but this is about you, my dear blog.

I have abandoned you for about a month or so now. Though you are inanimate, and a creation all my own, I love you, blog. We are the opposite of Dr. Frankenstein and his monster (at least, I hope).

I miss you.  You are a place where my thoughts can consume and evolve through my own sort of therapy.  You are a place where I can lay my whole heart down into words that maybe only two people will see.  My best friend doesn't even know about you, blog.  You are my own secret and my own safe-haven.  You are -- in a sense -- my home.

This is not so for my vlog.  In my vlog, I must omit and suppress emotions and feelings of my days.  In my vlog, I try not to offend or betray.  Is it really a video diary if no opinions or feelings are expressed as they would be in an actual diary?

The dilemma I face is that of sharing you with the Youtube community.  I don't even have ten subscribers (I have nine), but the level of exposure that would result from my sharing you scares me.  The level of vulnerability I feel safe to have here is on the opposite end of the spectrum when it comes to my Youtube channel.

What do I do, blog/reader?

2 comments:

  1. I feel sort of like an intruder/imposter/interloper right now for reading this blog.
    **hides in a corner**

    ReplyDelete
  2. @emcee 'Tis quite all right, dearest:). I'm okay with your eyes being consumed by my mumbo jumbo of words. Haha.

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs with floral elements by createthecut