Wonderful Weekend (Part One)

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Holy cannolis, Batman!  This weekend was pretty spectacular.  It has been by far the most social butterfly-esque weekend since I left home.  My weekends are usually filled with me stuffing my face in a book all day, then hanging out with Miry and her roommates in the evening hours.  However, I decided to switch it up a bit this weekend.  This mostly had to do with the fact that my brain felt like mush from all the studying I was inflicting upon it.

SO, FRIDAY.

After my one class in the morning, Isabel, Mariangel, Ashleigh, Miry, and I had an incredibly delicious breakfast at the Scoreboard Grille.  I cannot express to you how amazing it was to eat a real breakfast for once.  Real, meaning not a Nature Valley bar or Trailmix.  After that wonderfulness, Isabel, Mariangel, and I hung around until our meetings with our writing teachers.  We were all pretty delirious from lack of sleep, so that was pretty entertaining.  Okay, maybe the deliriousness was just me.

After that, Isabel and I hung out at my dorm.  After about two hours of watching YouTube nonsense, we made our way to the library where we were to meet our Y group and have lunch with them.  After only four of us showed up, we decided to make our way to sustenance.  It ended up being pretty fun.  Miry showed up a little later, which was a wonderful surprise.  After feasting and conversing for quite a bit, we went our separate ways.

I spent some time with my books and then the back of my eyelids (a nap was desperately needed).

After my slumber, I texted Miry to see if she still wanted to go to the gym.  She called me and declared, "IT'S RAINING!"  Now, as a Florida native, it's kind of hilarious to me to see these landlocked westerners cease to function when a few sprinkles fall from the sky.  After a few minutes of trying to convince her that she would not melt if she went outside and made her way to the gym with me, I realized it was a lost cause.

We decided to have another movie night instead (we had one the previous weekend).  After quite some time of deciding which movie to watch, I suggested we watch She's All That.  Deanna and I were apparently the only ones who had ever seen it.  My generation sickens me sometimes.

It was mainly Ashley, Miry, and me who watched the movie with frequent visits from Maren and Deanna:).

After the movie, Lindsay, Ashley, Miry, and I talk some girl talk and then we interrupted Maren and her Skype call to her manly friend.  It was around that time that I got a call from one of my Y group leaders, Bryan.  There was a dance the next night (Saturday) and he called to ask if I wanted to go with him.  Of course I said yes:).  It was pretty nifty.



After the girlyness ensued, Deanna brought some of her guy friends over and we all played Uno until 12:30. We got in trouble, though, because boys are not allowed in their dorms past midnight (or somewhere thereabouts), so we made our way to the activity room where they are allowed until 1:30.  We continued with our festivities.  It was one intense Uno game.  One of the guys, Seth, also showed us some pretty sweet magic tricks.  After the 1:30 mark hit, the boys convinced us to go hang out outside for a bit.  It was still "raining" so that didn't last long.  We decided we'd hang out the next morning at an all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet nearby.  We ended up staying up until about 3AM, so that didn't happen, but it was a fun idea nonetheless.



I ended up deciding to spend the night, but I needed to go back to my dorm to get the essentials (i.e. panties, toothbrush, etc.).  Once we arrived at my dorm, I realized I forgot everything back at Miry's dorm, which meant I had no ID card to get into my locked dorm building and no key to get into my locked dorm room.  It was about 2:30AM by then.  This is where I become the worst person on the planet.  Brace yourselves.

After trying to call my roommate, Blake about a bajillion and five times, I called Vicki (my dorm neighbor).  That wonderful gal woke up and was more than willing to come down three flights of stairs to my undeserving self.  Just as she said "K I'll be down in a second," a girl that was sitting in a car outside the dorm building offered to let me in with her ID card.  She let me in, and I felt terrible for waking Vicki up.  She deserves an infinite amount of chocolate from me.

The next step was getting my dorm door unlocked.  I called and texted my roommate a bajillion and five more times to no avail.  I knocked on the door with an obnoxious pitch of loudness that echoed throughout my dorm hall, which made me feel even worse.  After about ten minutes of the call-text-knock combo, that beautiful woman opened the door.  I am the worst roommate/human being ever.  After packing all my goods, Miry and I made our way back to her dorm, Facebook stalked a bit, and sojourned to the wonderful land of dreams.

This post is entirely too long.  I will post about the rest of my weekend in another.  I commend you  for reading all of this.  You have an incredible attention span.

1 comment:

 
site design by designer blogs with floral elements by createthecut