Letters to August - 18

Monday, August 18, 2014

Dear August,

It's always been kind of difficult for me to be completely open and vulnerable.  I don't know if I just came into the world this way or if life's circumstance molded me into that sort of person (nature vs. nurture shoutout!), but it's there and it's not something I'm particularly okay with about myself.

Part of all of these letters to you, August, is to really get me out of that shell and be completely open and honest.  Maybe it doesn't seem like I've gotten too deep, but trust me when I say I have.  When I think about what to write to you, I usually think No one wants to hear that or That's too much, but I just write it anyway.

Well, some of it.

I've never been super eloquent when putting my thoughts out there on the spot, so to take just a second to evaluate how I actually feel about something and understand how to help someone else understand (at least, I hope) has been such a therapy.  With you, I do not have to worry if I'm saying something in the wrong way, or if I'm saying it like the dweeb that I am.  I can just say it.

So, maybe this is just a thank you, August, for helping me to be a little more open and a little more uncomfortable.

You are fantastic.

Love,
Jazmin

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs with floral elements by createthecut