How Great Thou Art

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Today I went to Isabel and Mariangel's ward.  My favorite hymn changes basically everyday, but two of my old favorites were sung today in Sacrament meeting.  Those two were How Great Thou Art and I Need Thee Every Hour.  This one verse from How Great Thou Art really hit me hard, though:

And when I think that God his son not sparing,
Sent him to die - I scarce can take it in,
That on the cross my burden gladly bearing,
He bled and died to take away my sin


Then sings my soul, my Savior God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, how great Thou art!
Then sings my soul, my Savior God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, how great Thou art!


The love my Savior and my Heavenly Father have for me is more apparent every single day with every single little problem I face or joy I experience.  It is incredible how very aware They are of me, even if my vast imperfections and shortcomings make me less deserving of such love and care.  It's just one of those days where that testament of Their open arms in my life is just so completely apparent.  I don't know how one can live without such comfort and strength.  I wish everyone knew how amazing it is because I scarce can take it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs with floral elements by createthecut