Fast Fasts

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Since I vowed to write in this blog more this year, I guess I should post a little something.

As an FYI, I did do a post yesterday on my friends' blog.  It'd be super wonderfully nice of you to go check it out:).

Today has been a FANTASTIC Sunday.  It was Fast and Testimony Sunday, which usually means amazingness.  For those of you who don't know, Fast and Testimony Sunday is usually held on the first Sunday of every month in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints community.  It is a day where we fast (no eating or drinking) for two meals and donate that money to the church so that they can help those in need and other things.  The fast is also meant as a way to better strengthen our relationship with our Savior and our Heavenly Father.  Usually people fast for specific things going on in their lives, whether it be trying decide what school to go to or for a family member to have strength to get through a trial.

It's funny how much it strengthens you.  It seems like such a simple thing, but I find myself more happy and edified on Fast Sundays.  The "Testimony" part of Fast and Testimony Sundays has to do with the fact that we -- instead of having our usual first hour of assigned talks -- volunteer to bear our testimonies of the gospel to the congregation.  I've really been trying to do it every month.  I was doing well for awhile, but I stopped for a couple of months.  I started again today and it was wonderful.  I always plan what to say, but I never say it.  The Holy Ghost just fills me so much and brings me words I didn't know I had.  It's such an awesome thing to experience.  I usually end up crying because I can't talk about the gospel or my Savior and Heavenly Father without crying, but it is so worth it.

The day went by too fast, but it was so great.  We now have our meetings from 1pm to 4pm, so it's been strange not getting home in time to take a nap, but it is nice for Fast Sundays where you don't get home until it's time to eat again.  I also had SYC (Stake Youth Counsel) tonight, which went really well and is always fun.  I meant to share a missionary experience, but we were running out of time, so I just kept my mouth shut.  I should have talked about it.  Oh, well.  I may talk about it on this blog some time soon, but for now I should put a load of laundry in and continue to feel this wonderful sensation of joy the Holy Ghost brings as I close this Sabbath Day.

Happy Sunday, reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs with floral elements by createthecut