The G

Sunday, September 7, 2014

So, apparently it is Grandparents' Day.  I never really knew my paternal grandparents and my maternal grandfather passed away before I was born, which means I have only ever really had my incredible grandmother, Katy King, to fill the role of grandparent.  She more than succeeds at wearing such a noble title.  She will probably blush and brush off such praise, but she deserves it.

I am proud that people know me as Katy King's granddaughter.  I am grateful to be associated with such a Christlike individual, who loves and gives so much without ever wanting the spotlight.  I am grateful for her continual care for my happiness.  I am grateful for her patience and constant love.  I am grateful for her embracing all of my quirks and ridiculousness, even if she doesn't understand them all the time.  I am grateful for the beautiful woman that she is and that she inspires me to be everyday.

I love you, G.  You are incredible.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs with floral elements by createthecut