Letters to August - 29/30/31

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Dear August,

This has been quite an experience, these letters.  I did a lot better than I thought I would and I said more than I thought I could.  It's been an exercise in talking about myself more and giving my input more than I'm usually willing to.  I tend to put myself in the background when it comes to things that really matter.  I'm good with being the goof of the gang, but it takes awhile for me to be even fifty percent open and bold in what I think and feel, and sometimes, in hindsight, I don't think I actually give that much.

This project has actually been a blessing that I didn't even think would happen.  I am probably my own worst critic when it comes to writing.  I have had so many people tell me how great they think my style and way of expressing myself is when it comes to writing, but I never see it.  In all honesty, I've always thought of myself as a crappy amateur in the department of words.  I'm so overwhelmed with what the future holds in this field I'm studying because I see so many people that I think can do it so much better than me, but I've really been working on just letting me be.  This project has really been an exercise that I like to think has strengthened my writing.  I know I bark about how much people need to stop hiding the amazing talents and beauties the Lord has blessed them with, but I don't always take my own advice when it comes to my own talents.  I'm not saying I'm anywhere near the writer I want to be, but I am a better writer than I was at the beginning of this month.

At least, I think so.

Have a fantastic year, August.  You deserve it, especially after listening to me babble for an entire month (minus a couple of days).

Love,
Jazmin

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs with floral elements by createthecut