#ldsconf

Sunday, October 5, 2014

love General Conference.

It always seems to come when I need it most.  It always comes when I am becoming weak in spirit and it never fails to restore my strength.  I anxiously await its arrival every six months and it has not disappointed me yet.

Living in Utah (i.e. Mormonland), I am fortunate enough to be close to where conference takes place.  However, I have never been able to actually go.  Until today.

My beautiful friend, Rachel, scored four tickets.  Upon my telling her I had never been, she insisted (maybe even demanded) that I go with her.

I was so excited, but I could not have imagined the experience I ended up having.

We had our packed lunches on Temple Square, took in the beauty there, and then made our way to the Conference Center.  As the First Presidency walked in, I felt the heavenly love that I need everyday -- and have desperately needed lately -- magnified.  I felt my Heavenly Father's immense care for me as His servants spoke.  I felt the weight of everything I have been carrying lately dissipate right there in that massive room.  I felt my importance as a child of a loving God.  I felt the mercy of my Savior's Atonement.

It was a beautiful experience that I will never let myself forget.


Member of the church or not, I invite you to give General Conference a chance.  You can watch it online here.  If you watch it with an open heart and mind, I promise you will feel God's love, and that is a feeling that is incomparable to anything and everything the world has to offer.

I love this gospel so much.  I don't understand how I got so lucky to have always had it in my life, but it is a blessing that everyone deserves to have in theirs.

The gospel is not weight; it is wings.  It carries us. 
                                                                   - Jean A. Stevens

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs with floral elements by createthecut