Bruce Wayne

Monday, December 29, 2014

This Christmas break has been a bit different for me. I was supposed to be heading back to Utah yesterday morning in the hopes of getting some hours in at work and just getting myself together before this next semester of crazy commences.  But things happen and plans change, and I am now in Nashville, Tennessee.

Last week, we got a call from my Aunt Cassandra informing us that my Uncle Wayne was in the hospital.  He has been suffering with attacks of severe stomach pain for about three years now, but the doctor he went to before just attributed it to an ulcer.  So, for three years my uncle has been treating and dealing with his stomach pain as if he had an ulcer.  When he went into the hospital last week the issue was with his gallbladder, and apparently the issue has always been with his gallbladder (there was no ulcer to be found when the doctors at the hospital did an endoscopy).  His gallbladder was removed, but when the doctor went in there, he found a whole slew of issues.

It was a scary week for all of us with new problems (for what seemed) every hour, but on Saturday he was finally moved from the ICU to the general medicine wing of the hospital.  I lost my Aunt Chris earlier this year, so this has probably been the worst experience with deja vu I've ever had.  My uncle and I are thick as thieves and to have lost him so much earlier than I'd planned would have been pretty heartbreaking.  He's one of my favorite guys and I am so grateful Heavenly Father has spared him a little longer.  Maybe that makes me a little selfish, but if selfishness means having my goofy uncle around to kick the mean boys in the shins, then I'm okay with that.

I am so grateful for all the prayers and thoughts that have been given on behalf of my family.  You always hear about people saying "my family has felt your prayers" which is great and beautiful, but I'm not sure I knew exactly what that meant until this week.  I have felt the warmth of heaven's embrace so close to me and my family during this trying time, and for that I will be forever grateful.


The Batman lives on, ladies and gents. And thank heaven for that.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs with floral elements by createthecut