The Land of Gerard Butler

Monday, July 27, 2015

I thought the worst was over after getting my phone stolen in Paris (another story for another day). But then my laptop turned on me.

After enjoying the beautiful Lakes District, we made our way to Edinburgh. Since I’ve been without my phone, I’ve been using my laptop on the long bus rides to listen to music while I admire the beautiful scenery the British countryside has to offer or to block out the noise around me while I read.

As I was getting a little bored and wanted to read, I took out my laptop and opened it up. It had shut itself down somehow, so I tried logging in. But the keyboard was being wonky. Then it suddenly shut down and wouldn’t turn back on. In a fit of frustration, I pressed a bunch of keys and managed to get it on somehow, but the keyboard still wasn’t working right. My lovely roommate found out there is an Apple Store nearby where we were staying in Edinburgh. So, we made our way there on Saturday. After a long wait, I was told my keyboard has given up on me and the entire top of my laptop needs to be replaced. So, that’s nice.

After sitting there for an hour to be told this news, one of the technicians actually came over and asked if I had been helped yet. After answering in the negative, he said he would “go get one of his guys.” He brought out an American technician that had not been out on the floor the entire time we were there. So, that was kind of hilarious. He also told me to hold out until I get back to the States because apparently pricing is ridiculous, even without the exchange rate. He also told me that if I still need my laptop in the meantime (I do), then I should get an external keyboard somewhere else (cheaper). So, that was nice of him.

So, that’s how I bring you this blog post today. Sorry for the chronological interruption, but I’ll get back to the order that everything happened after this diddy.

I asked my friend what exactly it is I’m supposed to learn from getting my phone stolen and now having a completely useless (at the time it was) laptop. Her response was to maybe not rely on technology so much. I’d like to think I learned my lesson, but here I am blogging about it on a ridiculous wireless keyboard that I got out of desperation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs with floral elements by createthecut