Freedom is Awesome

Thursday, July 12, 2012

My adventure of yesterday included me going to the gym with Miry and Ashley and then vouching for three strangers so that they could use the pool.  It was wonderfully awkward.  I'm also kind of peeved at the lack of job availability.  There are plenty of jobs, but I'm not really qualified for any of them.  So, that kind of stinks.

Anywho, I have been slacking as far as keep you up-to-date with the big events that have been taking place.  America celebrated her independence from the motherland a week ago and I have yet to fill you in on the wonderfulness that took place on that day.

I went to bed late the night before, because I went to see a later showing of The Amazing Spider-Man with Isabel and Mariangel, which was just magical in every way.  When I got home from the movie the night before, I checked my Facebook to see if Miry had sent me a message about her plans for the Fourth.  I was planning on going with her and her roommates to Kiet's lacrosse game, which also included being able to see the Stadium of Fire fireworks that evening, but I wanted to make sure she had an extra ticket.  She did and she also informed me that she and her roommates were planning on going to the Provo parade bright and early and invited me to tag along.  By the time plans were sorted, it was about 1:30am and I wanted to sleep for days.  So, it took me a few minutes to submit to my beckoning alarm clock across the room at 6:15am that morning of Independence Day.


We ended up moving three times throughout the parade, because our first sitting spot happened to be at this section of street just before where all the floats and stuff were supposed to emerge, so if we remained there, we wouldn't be able to see much of anything exciting except the pavement, and that would have been no fun.

We then proceeded to an okay spot that was farther from the front of the street, which was fine, but was not an ideal spot to play with my camera.  So, Miry and I shuffled through to the front where all the little kids were.  It was a perfect view of all things parade.


After that magic, we parted ways to do the nauseating amount of homework that all of us had awaiting us in our dorms.

My roommate was back from spending time with her visiting cousin at the parade and she, her friends, and I got some lunch, because parades are apparently appetite-boosting.  She and a couple of her pals proceeded to make "'Merica Ice Cream."  This consisted of red and blue M&Ms and vanilla ice cream...and a little bit of blue Powerade.



We then "studied" on the lawn and went to get some shave ice.  I didn't get one, but man was it hot enough to crave one.

"Studying."

After that adventurous morning/afternoon, I had dinner with the lovely Vicki.  As we were finishing our meal, a few girls from our ward came and sat with us, and amongst them was Gabriella...the answer to my prayers.  Okay, that sounds creepy, but it may or may not be the truth.  This gal is basically me, except a few inches taller with red hair.  So, basically what I sometimes wish to be.  In our table's conversation, she mentioned just about everything that ever flows through my mind -- Disney, superheroes, books, movies, the gospel.  It was beautiful.  She apparently had had a hankering to watch The Goofy Movie for the past twenty-four hours, so we decided that would be our evening activity.  I had to leave early, though, so as to not be late for the aforementioned lacrosse game and fireworks.






I rushed back to my side of the dorm building, quickly tried to look decent, and rushed over to Miry's.  We were all super excited to go and support Kiet and his dashing team members.  The only problem was we had no idea where we were going.  Nathan pretty much didn't give any directions of any kind.  ("It's the place where there's cones...There's a field.")  So, we spent almost two hours trying to find this place.  Once we finally did, we felt kind of stupid.  Towards the beginning of that little adventure, we had to decide whether to go left or right at the main intersection that included the street Nathan described.  We took a right.  We were supposed to take a left.  We ended up on the completely opposite side of campus where we asked this guy if he knew where this game was, and he just happened to.  It ended up being fine and fun.  Miry and I got to play with my camera again and she taught me her Jedi wisdom.  It was a really fun night and I wish I could see these lovely girls (and Nathan) more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs with floral elements by createthecut