Basically a Journal

Monday, July 9, 2012

Today had a few ups and downs.  I was completely exhausted in my 8AM class because I had not been granted a beautiful eight hour sleep for two consecutive nights.  This is my fault in every way, but I kept trying to justify that it was my birthday and I could procrastinate if I wanted to.  Only, in my mind, the procrastination would come without consequence because again, it was my birthday...

ANYWAYS, I was to take my first test today.  I was dreading it like a child eating dinner who knows she eventually has to eat the broccoli, but eats everything around it so as to prolong the time when she would have to face her fear.  I studied/lost my mind for a bit while lounging with Isabel and Mariangel after my class this morning.  We had lunch, they went to their class, and I attempted to study some more in the Wilk.

A strange person randomly sat next to me.  Well, that was my thought until I realized it was the incredible Emma Lucy.  I regret not seeing her more here.  She's such a wonderfully fantastic human being.  You have not met a truly magnificent person until you have met the lovely Emma Lucy.  I can just see her being all modest now and throwing compliments my way after reading this.  Seriously, though.  I love her and you should too.

ANYWAYS (AGAIN), after the burst of brightness to my day that was seeing and talking to Emma Lucy for a bit, I made my way to my Doctrine and Covenants class, which was as wonderful as always.  Apparently only eight people had taken the test and we only had today and tomorrow left. So, that was pretty hilarious.  It's interesting how even here, people bond over the stress of school. Everyone was talking about the test and who took it and what they studied and what other people should study and so on and so forth.  This sounds like a simple comment, but my D&C class rarely ever seems to talk or bond from what I've witnessed.  The fact that the terrifyingness of a test brings people together is kind of symbolic of how hardship brings people together, don't ya think?  Just a thought.  Maybe a mediocre one, but one nonetheless.

I finally managed the courage to walk it over to the testing center.  I turned out I walked a way that made it farther than it needed to be.  That probably worsened the nerves even more.  Once I made my way in and through the door, there were a ton of people cramming and no one seemed to be heading in a direction that seemed to be the one I should have gone to get my testing materials.  I took a tour through the testing center during New Student Orientation, but of course my mind was in complete disarray and I couldn't remember one thing I was told while being led around that massively intimidating building three weeks ago.  I ended up joining the crammers.  I plopped my tush down next to a vacant wall and commenced fake studying -- I was to that point where my brain couldn't take real studying anymore.  I waited until someone would show me the path to my demise (how to get to the things I needed to take the exam).  A of couple people went, but I waited until about the fifth person, both because I needed a moment or two to pluck up the courage, and the crammer directly across from me on the other side of the room seemed like she had that "not another lost freshman!" look on her face.

I ended up coincidentally following a girl in my ward.  She was super nice and courageously relaxed about her test, so that was kind of comforting.  I got a little disoriented when I was told to "wait for the printer" for my scantron.  Luckily the other girl in the office was quick and calmed the confusion running through my already worried mind ("Where is the printer!  Is it in the testing room!  There are too many people in there for me to go around looking for a printer!").  I'm pretty sure no one has ever been so concerned about finding a printer in their life as I was at that moment.

The test itself went fine once my hand stopped shaking.  I really don't know why I was so tense.  I wasn't super dreading it; I honestly just wanted to get it over with.  I think it was just my subconscious freaking out because it didn't know exactly what to expect.  I didn't get an A, but I didn't do miserably.  There will be an A next time, since I better know what's expected of me.

I was actually pretty bummed about my B.  I made the walk of shame back to my dorm, did some laundry, studied, took a nap or two, then went to dinner with Vicki and Carolyn.

FHE was pretty nifty.  We were going to play basketball, but we played Twister instead.  It was "too hot" for the b-ball.  There was another family "playing" basketball too.  I suggested we play kickball next week, so we're going to play against them.  One of the guys in that family had a Disneyland marathon shirt on and I decided we're going to be best friends.

During my nap, I got a text from Isabel informing me that my writing teacher finally posted the grades for the Opinion Editorial I was dreading a couple of weeks ago.  I was terrified to check my grade and waited until after FHE to check.  I'm pretty darn happy with what I got.  I'm definitely relieved.

My roommate and I watched the end of the Keira Knightley Pride and Prejudice (she watched the beginning last night) and it was magical.  Then, we went to a "meeting" because we're apparently on the dance committee for this stake dance we're having in August.

This was super long and consisted of way too much information.  I sincerely apologize and I hope your day was wonderfully magical.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs with floral elements by createthecut