Walking Contradiction

Saturday, December 8, 2012

As previously mentioned, I keep a gratitude journal.  I've been looking back on some entries.  Stereotypically-speaking, judging by my handwriting and these following entries, you would think I possessed a Y-chromosome.

12/7/12: I am grateful for the free donuts that happened at Wyview this morning.
12/6/12: I am grateful Wendy's has a dollar menu.
12/5/12: I am grateful that I now have clean underwear.
12/5/12: I am grateful that I finally got to watch Bourne Legacy...
12/3/12: I am also grateful that we discovered that Burgers Supreme is not that awful...and for their incredible cheese fries and Oreo shake.
11/30/12: I am grateful for the free pizza at work.
11/28/12: I am grateful that my ghetto stitching job I did on the hole in my blanket is holding up.
11/26/12: I am grateful...that we got to eat with Isabel and Mariangel right after I got off the bus.
11/25/12: I mean, how many roommates hold your hair back while you're puking?  (Well, if it's not a frat party.)
11/22/12: I am grateful for the food.

Yet, just after you're picturing a beer belly and a hairy chest, I say something way too girly for comfort.

12/2/12: I am grateful...that we got to watch Dear John...
12/1/12: I am grateful for how adorable he is.
11/30/12: I am grateful my girls helped me choose an outfit...
11/29/12: I am grateful I had the money to get the Revlon lipstick I've wanted to get for a long time.
11/26/12: I am grateful I got to sit next to (insert boy's name here) on the bus ride to campus.
11/26/12: I am grateful that I got to see...creamery guy twice tonight...
11/20/12: I am grateful I got to paint my nails.
11/18/12: I am grateful that Amelia did my eyebrows and that Mariangel let me borrow some nail polish.

Ladies and gentlemen, I am a walking contradiction of gender stereotypes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs with floral elements by createthecut