Brain Disgorge: An Update

Saturday, April 20, 2013

There are so many things that are happening in my brain/life/world.

As I type this, I am sitting on my bed that has now become a cage.  One side is just the wall that it's pushed up against and the other is a man-made wall.  Well, a me-made wall.*  I am moving into my new apartment a week from Monday and I am moving all my stuff out in less time than that -- five days.  It's just so nifty how there are only a few days between when my current contract ends and my new one begins (that was sarcasm).  Being the youngest cousin on my dad's side and having watched far too much TLC growing up, I have always heard about the agonizing process of moving.  Let me just add to that sentiment  -- it is agonizing in the most tragic way.  There is no word that could adequately describe how painful it is.  I don't even understand why it's so horrid.  It just is.  I have acquired so much crap and I don't even know how it happened.

On top of moving, finals have crept their way into my existence.  I already took one and it went really well.  I don't know exactly what I got just yet, but I have high hopes for it.  I'm surprisingly calm about all of my finals.  It's not like I have a tight grip on everything I need to know.  I'm just not crying every five seconds like I was last semester during finals.  (You think I'm exaggerating.  I promise I am not.)

I am applying to new jobs without much promise thus far.  I am hopeful, though.  I'm trying to avoid any sort of food establishments.  I think I'm done with that sort of thing for now.

I finally read a book start-to-finish.  It's my first time in a long time and my first time this year.  It's so sad.  I read eight books in 2012 and I'm desperately trying to improve that sad statistic for this year.  The book was Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion.  It was pretty good.  There were some parts that dragged a bit, but it was really well-written.  I was pleasantly surprised.  I recently bought Divergent by Veronica Roth, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Stevenson, and Mansfield Park by Jane Austen.  So, hopefully I'll be diving into those soon.

I don't know when or how I accepted it, but I've come to terms with the fact that I'm an alleged adult now.  Well, at least more than I accepted it before.  Yet, the part of me that still wants to get the ball rolling is still hanging on to the edge of her seat in anticipation.  I blame Pinterest and it's expectations for my future wedding and children.  I was content with everything and being young, wild, and free,** but recently my imaginative six year-old self has made herself known and is impatient for the future to come.

I guess this just turned into an update in the form of brain vomit.  I don't actually like the word vomit.  Thesaurus.com is giving me disgorge instead.  I'm gonna go with that one.

I'm going to attempt for the millionth time today to start a project that's due on Monday and study for the two more exams I have left.

I hope your weekend is a bit more exciting than mine has turned out to be.


*Phrases like this are what made me believe I should be an English major.  I regret nothing.
**"Young, wild, and free," meaning taking spontaneous walks to Denny's or JCW's when I feel like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs with floral elements by createthecut