Letters to August - 2 (August 12, 2015)

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Dear August,

What to say, what to say.

I've never been one that has a thousand quips of eloquence at her disposal when it actually matters. I can be sassy and sarcastic all the livelong day, but rarely can I adequately express the things that mean the most to me.

It's kind of always been that way. I've always been a little obsessive-compulsive about saying things exactly right or not saying them at all or waiting until I've had a few minutes to collect my thoughts and awkwardly trying to bring it back to what we were talking about before so my now-eloquent thought can be relevant again. It's a chore. And it's a little rude to not give someone your full attention. I'm working on it.

With that in mind, I didn't plan exactly what I wanted to tell you today. Maybe that was a little on purpose. Maybe I'm just saying that to make myself feel better. Either way, here it is--my letter to you on the only August 12, 2015 that we will ever have.

Maybe that's a better way to look at life rather than the live everyday as if it were your last mantra (which I've always found to be a little morbid). Live everyday as if that was the last time you would have that day. Because it is. So, make sure it counts.

I still haven't quite settled back into my old normal, August. I still wake up like I did at every hotel and hostel, confused about where I am. I'm also having a lot of weird/freaky dreams, so that's always grand (there's that sass/sarcasm I was telling you about). But at least it wasn't too bad adjusting to this time zone. That's a blessed relief.

While I'm not quite settled into the old normal, I'm already itching to go somewhere again. I thought I was tired of it after six and a half weeks, but apparently not. I'm not looking for another trip across the pond anytime soon, but maybe just another state? My bank account is saying no, though, and he's the boss. So, I guess I'll have to wait a bit.

I'm sorry I have nothing terribly insightful today to keep you awake at night, but at least you'll get a good night's rest, right?

Until tomorrow,
Jazmin

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs with floral elements by createthecut