Pre-First Day Thoughts

Monday, June 18, 2012

Something I wrote last night (before starting my first day of college today):

There is no way to describe to you the pure joy that I am feeling at this moment.  My Heavenly Father and my Redeemer know me so, so well.  They knew this school would be where I would find the greatest happiness -- even something beyond just happiness.  In these past few months of deciding where my future is meant to be pursued, I have come to realize just how very aware my Father and Savior are of me and my every need, my every desire, and my complete potential.  I thought I knew it, but I really didn't until this chapter in my life when so many massive things rest on my minute decisions.  They heard my every cry.  They understood my every confusion and fear.  They rooted for me to succeed and told me how to.  Even when I continued to question those promptings of the Spirit, They just kept pushing confirmations into my heart.  Not even bliss could describe what's going on internally for me right now.  It's moments and realizations like this that I ache for those without that assurance of love and understanding.  I am so completely blessed and I am going to strive in every class, club, and other event for the next four years to prove to my Father and Savior just how grateful I am for Their help in this decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs with floral elements by createthecut