"My name is Jorge Regula."

Monday, September 13, 2010

May I just say that Potter Puppet Pals has the ability to soften my harshest of days?

This weekend wasn't all too busy.  I'd been really trying not to do my homework on Sundays, but failed after a few weeks of success.  I even continued to procrastinate after coming home after Sacrament.  I didn't go to bed until about 1am.  I felt terrible about the whole thing.

Friday, my mom and I saw the movie Flipped it was really cute and definitely brought back some memories.  I was most definitely like Juli.  Quite aggressive...

I also broke down and applied for a job at Target.  They said my application would be active for sixty days, but I'm doubting it's going to happen.  I have also filled out an application for the yearbook staff, and plan on signing up for some clubs tomorrow (they posted sign-up sheets today).  It will be quite a heavy load, but I'm thinking it will be a nice change to my "all work and very little play" ethic.  One of the teacher recommendations for the yearbook application had to come from your English teacher, and it was really nice to hear Dr. DeForrest reply with "Of course.  I'm glad you're doing it." after I had asked her to fill it out.  She's always complimenting my work in the most subtle ways.  It's really lessened my dislike of her.  Haha.  I mean, I don't hate her, really.   Sometimes she can be a bit difficult to deal with.  She's very eclectic, but also a bit uptight.  She's kind of hard to explain, but I can see where she's coming from, and I'm okay with her.  I just wish she would pick happier works of literature.  They're always tragic/depressing (e.g. The Bell Jar, Brave New World, Ethan Frome).

Saturday, I cleaned my mom's bathroom because that's always the compromise she makes if I need new clothes or having a dying craving for something that will cause her to go out of her way.  Both of these occasions have arisen over the past couple of weeks.  First of all, I already hate asking for things if it's not my birthday, and I don't really enjoy cleaning.  Well...I don't know.  I think I've become less hateful of the action of cleaning throughout the years, but I don't seek things out that need a spruce.  My grandma also wanted me to give Blue (my dog) a bath and get the dog hair off of the area rug in the living room (which is a sickening task).  I forgot about giving my dog a bath until after I had already cleaned my mom's shower, which has one of those showerheads that you can take off of the holder-thing, which makes it easier to bathe the less than willing dog.  So, I ended up using the tub in my grandma's bathroom.  I decided I should just go ahead and clean her bathroom afterwards, since I was already in the mode.  I felt really good for doing all of that, but then remembered I still had homework to do, but had a church dance to go to about an hour or so after I had finished everything.  I kind of didn't want to go to the dance in the first place, but I had told Emma I was going.

The dance was a bit pitiful.  It was a school spirit dance, and a lot of people showed their spirit, but it was supposed to be tri-stake, and looked like a one stake dance.  Emma, Elizabeth, and I were the only ones from our ward, and Emma and I's usual crowd weren't there, besides Chelsea, Nate, and Megan F.  Megan H. and her brother, Tyler, were there, too.  We hung out with her and somewhat, with Chelsea most of the night.  Chelsea and I lamented about the fact that Emma Lucy wasn't there.  That probably contributed to my not wanting to go to the dance as well.  I also had been reading and finished Mockingjay after four hours of reading, and had been emotionally drained from all that was going on in my imagination and in the sinking part of my heart where Emma Lucy resides.

I started reading The Only Alien on The Planet today.  Emma got it for me for my birthday.  There's a character in it named, Smitty Tibbs, and I can't help but burst out in laughter every time his name lingers into my sight.

I had a substitute in APUSH today, which is both good and bad.  Good for obvious reasons and bad because we have a test next period.  The schedule was also distorted today because the middle schoolers and other high school grades were taking Benchmark tests.  It gave me time to read, but my homeroom teacher decided to assign the homework not during the long period that we had her, but during the short period.  (We saw her twice today), which means that I just have another assignment to worry about doing, when I could have finished it in class.

Sidenote:  I apologize for my jumbled-up thoughts.  My minds in a bit of a tizzy at the moment.  Please excuse my oddities in language.

I took a walk an hour or two ago and I've been really good in my diet today.  Though, I did take a spoonful of cookie dough and bought a Dr. Pepper (not my usual soda of choice, but that's all that was there, really) because I had just gotten out of gym and was dying of thirst without any near-by water fountains to suffice my quench.  This me being healthy thing is not going to be one those things where I cry out in desperation for a brownie, but one of those where I'll take one brownie, and run it off after the destruction of calories has consumed my digestive system.  I'm not going to be eating junk food every night like I have been for the past couple of stressful weeks, but I'm going to make them even more savoring by making them a rare occurrence.  If that makes any sense...I guess it only matters that I comprehended all of that jumble of words.

Well, I'm off to finish the last sections of my Chemistry Podcast notes and am possibly going to take some sort of action to get my other assignments done.

Wish me luck, reader, in all of these endeavors, and I wish you nothing but the happiness that life has to offer.

Last Song Heard: Jorge Regula by The Moldy Peaches
(I must admit I have a place in my heart specifically designated to quirky songs like this one.)

P.S.  I got new glasses on Thursday.  Not sure if that's of any importance, but it happened.  My optometrist informed me that I'm on the borderline of someone who needs a recommendation to drive.  Super.

P.S.S.  I wish I was friends with all the authors I follow on Twitter.  I love reading their replies to one another's posts.

1 comment:

  1. Beaming you wavelengths of happiness to overcome the stress: -rainbow-striped beam-

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs with floral elements by createthecut