Up Up and Away!

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I love September.  I love that the humidity is merciful and allows the sun to have the spotlight rather than allying with it.  I love the slight pierce in your lungs as you breathe in the mildly cool morning air.  I love that I can jog for over eight minutes now without my chest caving in.  I love that I inherited my dad's appreciation for science fiction.  I love that I didn't care last Saturday that I had also inherited his sweat glands as I was bathing in my perspiration at the gym.  I love that there was a cute old man that vaguely resembled Santa Claus running next to me that day, that, I think, wanted me to be done so he wouldn't have an audience as he walked.  I wanted to hug him.  I love that my school friends are so accepting and openly affectionate and lovingly honest.  I love that my best guy friend, Adam, told me that he liked to hang out with me because I am "genuinely nice and friendly to people when others would just be friendly to those they don't like to their faces." (it was much sweeter than that, but I can't remember the exact wording:/).  I love that after about eight years of my trying to get my best friend to come unto Christ and His Gospel, my prayers were answered through the missionaries.

After my grandma picked me up from school today (more on that later), the sister missionaries in my ward called and asked to speak to me.  I talked to Sister Kitchen for about thirty seconds, during which she asked if I would be home around eight tonight and whether or not it'd be okay if she and the other sister missionary came and talked to me.  Of course I wasn't going to turn them down.

It turns out they had been talking to Gabby, and had challenged her to pray and ask if the Book of Mormon was true.  They had used her love of music and taken her to a Sister's house whose husband is not a member, but is also musical.  The challenge was given to Gabby and him that night.

Satan tried to make me feel guilty about letting the sister missionaries know about Gabby's heart and why she doesn't go to church on Sundays, but the happiness and light that I felt just knowing that these sisters had had some sort of affect on my dear friend shined through that guilt.  I just wanted to run to my room and pray and pray and pray.  I was just so happy that her heart was finally softened.  I was so happy that someone else saw that glimmer of a sweet spirit that I see in her; that potential she has to have such happiness through a relationship with her Father in Heaven and her Savior.  I'm just so happy to the point of tears!  I want to see her.  I want to know how I can help the missionaries in their efforts.  I invited her to Standards Night on Sunday, so, hopefully, she'll come.

I love that my lovely Emma Lucy commented with this on my last post:


Beaming you wavelengths of happiness to overcome the stress: -rainbow-striped beam-


That rainbow-striped beam made it to this part of the world.  Thank you.  It seemed as though my whole life has gone upwards since that last post.  I got two B's on two tests that I was iffy about.  I got chosen to be interviewed for a leadership role in the yearbook.  Then, (this is why my grandma picked me up today) I actually got on the yearbook staff....as one out of two editors!


I have mixed emotions about this whole ordeal, but I'm going to try my absolute best.  I'm the older of the two head editors, and I work a lot differently than the other one, but I'm going to make this work.  Even if I suck, it will be a good experience.  I'm so happy right now.


I love that Heavenly Father gives us trials.  I love that because of those trials, we know what happiness is.


I love this beautiful world, reader.


Last song heard: I Love Technology by Kip Dynamite
(absolutely breathtaking)



[My friend, Kristen, made this "crown" out of a gum wrapper for me today.  It made me feel like Princess Peach because, for some reason, I remember her crown having a similar shape...nerdjokesnerdjokesnerdjokes.]

1 comment:

 
site design by designer blogs with floral elements by createthecut