Ain't No Good

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Hey there, lovelies!

So, it's been a week or two since I have posted on this diddy.

Since my last post a couple of things have gone down.

I saw Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 four times.  Including yesterday after my mom and I -- in a spur of the moment moment -- went to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, despite the homework load waiting back home.  We weren't at the park for very long, because we wanted to see the movie again.  My fourth time.  Her third.  As a sidenote, all of these fun, irresponsible suggestions were her ideas, and I love her for it.  I actually still haven't done any of my homework.  I only got as far as printing my assignments from online.

I have such a buttload of work to do because I went on a college trip this past week to USF, UCF, and Rollins College, and not everyone at school went on the trip, so work was assigned to those who didn't go, and, in turn, to those who did.  I know for a fact that I don't want to go to USF.  UCF is really nice, and I don't really think I'll be looking into Rollins.  I mean it's a pretty and small school, but it just didn't seem right for me.  We also went to Epcot on our last day of the trip (Wednesday).  It was fun, and I didn't hang out with drama queens, but I was really itching to get home by the time we got on the bus.  I really sorted a lot of things out about myself and those I hang around with.  I know what I want in that sense, at least.  As for college...don't ask.  Although, I was looking at SVU's website, and I'd really like to go to an open house of theirs.

Thanksgiving was pretty great.  Molly and Kevin, Heather, Ian, and Dylan, and my dad (that was a bit of a surprise) came over.  My dad left early.  We played Apples to Apples and Taboo (during which my spazzyness that blooms from competitiveness was filmed and will be shown at a later point in time).  We didn't get to watch Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets like we had planned...

The Friday after The Deathly Hallows came out, mom, Molly, and I went out to dinner.  As my mom was talking to Molly and making plans, I was nearby listening in.  We asked Molly if she would want to go see Harry Potter because we were dying to see it again.  She then admitted that she had never seen the movies.  None of them.  We jumped on that.  At dinner at La Strada's (which I don't see the big deal about), we decided to go to Wal Mart to get The Sorcerer's Stone and some movie candies because we went to Sarasota the weekend before with the movie, but it somehow didn't make it back, and the candies were just because movies and candies go hand-in-hand.  Right?

Upon our arrival at Molly's apartment (Kevin was on a camping trip with the Scouts), she said something along the lines of, "Go look at the fridge."  So, mom and I took a gander at the fridge.  There was a sonogram picture and some little ball-magnets that were pushed together to read, "Boy or girl?" and one off to the side that said, "Boy."  Mom was confused and kept looking all over the fridge.  I was confused and was wondering if Molly somehow and for some reason had a picture of Abby's baby.  We then looked over to see Molly freaking out in a spaz attack.  Molly is pregnant, and she is due one week after Abby.  I'm not going to lie.  I'm a little jealous of that fact.  Not that I would even dream of having a child during my teenage years, especially without being married (duh), but just the fact that Abby is one of my best friends, and I'd want our kids to grow up together.  Well, that was weirdly explained, but yes.  Molly is pregnant!  Yay!

After watching The Sorcerer's Stone, and Molly seeming to like it, we decided to watch The Chamber of Secrets after Thanksgiving dinner.  Oh, well.  We'll just have to do it the next time that Kevin is out.  Molly has really started to grow on me.  There's always that awkward, weird stage in friendships when you don't quite know the other person's mannerisms or humor, but I think that phase has just about run its course.  We even share the same career pursuits!  Haha.  She also wants to be an occupational therapist.  She's really amazing.  She works with autistic children.  That's such a beautiful thing to me.  Anyways, I didn't mean to go on about all of this, and I didn't mean for my thoughts to be all jumbled.

I watched You've Got Mail the other night.  I liked it.  It was your typical nineties/early two-thousands movie.  The AOL dial-up was hilarious.  I think I've seen parts of the movie before, but never the whole thing.  All-in-all it was pretty good.

I finally came up with an idea for NaNoWriMo, four days before its end.  Oh, well.  There's always next year, right?

Speaking of next year, (haha, segue) I'm thinking about doing a video diary/vlog next year.  One video, everyday, for an entire year.  What do ya think, reader?

P.S. Yesterday, at Island of Adventures, it was kind of weird, all the Youtube references I witnessed.  Well, only two, but still.  There was a guy that worked for the park asking people to take surveys, and he definitely looked like Daxflame.  There was also a girl I passed that had a livelavalive shirt that I really like/want.  Hers was all cut up, though.  That I didn't like/want so much.


P.S.S. Last Sunday, I finally had had enough of my ears popping/being in pain, and went to Solantics (don't judge me; it was annoying, and Sunday was the only day I could do it).  The weird doctor told me I had a sinus infection.  She gave me prescriptions for penicillin and some steroids.  We got the penicillin filled, but not the steroids one.  We figured the penicillin would help with an ear infection, and the steroids would cause unwanted and unneeded side effects.  It's highly likely that I don't have a sinus infection considering the fact that there has been nothing bothering me that has to do with my nasal canal.  My mom also made the mistake of telling the doctor I want to be a physician, and was going on a college trip the next day.  She then went on and on about how I need to be a fertility doctor, and how they make so much money, and it's a field full of stupid testosterone-filled men who have no idea what they're talking about.  She didn't even bother to ask me if I am interested in the field or what field I am interested in.  She just told me all of her problems with pregnancy, and how I need to have my eggs frozen before I am twenty-five, and how I probably shouldn't have a baby in medical school.  It was frightening...It also dawned on me that if I were to be an occupational therapist, then I wouldn't really be a doctor.  When I told the crazy lady that I want to be an occupational therapist, she told me, "Well, forget that.  You need to be a doctor."  It didn't click that if I pursued that career, I really wouldn't be a doctor, until my mom confirmed it several times.  Strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs with floral elements by createthecut