Blargh Dargh

Sunday, November 14, 2010

So, this is another quick update. Apologies for the lack of personality.


News that is super important, but has not been mentioned at all for some reason or another:

Abby is pregnant! YAY!

I was one out of six people who won a CD by The Lower Lights in a blog contest. How that happened, I will never understand. I will be writing an entire post about this sometime soon because with the CD I received a note from someone in the band saying something along the lines of, "You better right a freaking awesome post about this." So, expect that some time.

Pa, Brianna's hilarious and very beloved grandfather passed away on Veteran's Day. I believe he was taken to a care center hours before so that his wife could rest. I guess she was what was keeping him going.

Sister Fowler found a lump. It was cancerous. It was on one of her ovaries. She had surgery on Saturday, and my mom is visiting her right now. According to Sister Lee, who works in the hospital she was operated on in, she had the best possible team she could have asked for. Not sure whether or not she had a full hysterectomy, though. My mom is visiting her right now. I didn't go because I was afraid she would catch my cold.

The Medieval (Renaissance) Fair was absolutely amazing, despite my feeling under the weather. The drive was exhausting, though. To and fro. I had more junk food than I care to admit. We watched The Half-Blood Prince for awhile in the car until the battery on my mom's laptop went out. I accidentally bought Casey a souvenir cup because they asked if I wanted a large for her lemonade, and I said yes, not knowing that meant a souvenir cup. Haha. I got a little tiara thing. Not sure what you'd call it.
It turns out what my mom was talking about when we were talking about the pre-show of Deathly Hallows is the fact that she entered a contest to win a sneak-peek of the movie, which is still pretty amazing of her. It also turns out that the special offer to go to the park the Saturday after the premiere only offers one ticket, from what my mom understands. POOP.

I watched Becoming Jane last Sunday, and I started reading The Hobbit.

Today, we had Stake Conference.  It was wonderful.  I miss Emma Lucy and Abby.  Everything seems off-balance without them.

I believe that's everything.

Did you have a good weekend, reader?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs with floral elements by createthecut