Healing

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

This past Sunday was so beautiful.  It was a Sunday of healing.

These past few months, I have dedicated myself to bearing my testimony on the pulpit every fast and testimony meeting.  This vow was broken last month because I was in Orlando for my Mom's and Uncle Wayne's birthdays.  I was sickened when I realized I wouldn't be there to bear my love of Christ with listening ears soaking in the words of my heart and soul.

When I first woke up, I was still a bit shaken and hurt.  Then, remembering my other vow to myself (listening to/reading a conference talk everyday), I got on Youtube, and went to the Mormon Messages tab in my subscriptions.  I watched Elder Richard G. Scott's talk on the blessings of eternal marriage.  It made me think of my husband and children.  The testament of temple marriage brought a fearsome wind of the Holy Ghost to my entire being.  As I was sitting in the car on the way to church, it only became stronger.  Even when one of my cousin in-laws, Christopher, (who was unexpectedly visiting our ward) walked in, I was still not afraid to stand and I knew I just had to bear my testimony.

I cried, as I always do.  They weren't tears of pain and anguish as they were just the night before.  They were tears of relief and a kind of emotion that can only be described as celestial joy.  It was such a beautiful experience that I shared with my Heavenly Father.  I stumbled and stuttered, but only because the Spirit was speaking to me in the most clear and concise way, and I wanted to interpret His words with an exactness.

I came home full.  Full of the Spirit.  Full of love that can only be from my Heavenly Father and my Savior.

I wrote in this journal my friend Casey and I are making for my friend Kristen of my experience that autumn afternoon.  It was the first time I just didn't care what she would think (she's a bit intimidating).  My heart has been so full and rich since then.  When I thought I would never be at that place I was during the summer ever again, Heavenly Father brought me back.  He brought me back to peace and strength.  I am so grateful to him for that.

Everything will be okay, reader.  Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs with floral elements by createthecut