Serbians and Amazing Moms

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Mom: So, for the movie (The Deathly Hallows), I got the pre-show tickets in the IMAX.
Me: As in, the one that shows Half-Blood Prince and whatnot before The Deathly Hallows?  You do realize that's, like, six hours of Harry Potter, right?
Mom: Well, yeah...
[I love her.]

Who else can send a link that goes directly to the purchasing of midnight showing tickets of Harry Potter to their mother ON FACEBOOK, and say that their mom bought not just one ticket for their daughter, but another for herself?  ON A SCHOOL NIGHT?

Who else can say her mom suggested going to a renaissance fair for the weekend?

Who else is spending a Harry Potter-filled Saturday at the Wizarding World in Orlando, the day after the movie comes out, with their mother?

Who else can say that their mom likes Juno and Easy A as much as they do?

I love my mom.

Today, I woke up, gave Blue a bath, swept the cobwebs off of the ceilings all around the house, gave myself a bath, went to Panda Express (HEAVEN) for lunch, then went to my bus/school friend Zorana's house.

The funny thing about Zorana and I is that we have lived in the same neighborhood our entire lives, and never met.  We went to the same elementary school (granted, she IS a year younger than me), and never met.  It took us riding the same bus last year, my sitting next to her one day, and only having one or two other people to talk to while waiting for the bus in the morning for us to meet.  We were immediately friends.

Once we did meet, for an entire year we never hung out.  So, this year we have continually tried.  It never worked out...UNTIL TODAY.

We didn't do much.  Haha.  Her sisters love me, even though one of them can't really understand English (they're Serbian, and she is four).  Her dad thought I was funny (I think).  I did this hand signal thing that Zorana told me was a really good thing to do when meeting a Serbian person.  I still don't really understand what it means, but he told me I did a "good job."  Haha!

We watched an episode of The Office, Hot Chick, an episode of Modern Family that she and her sister wanted me to see, the beginning of Drillbit Taylor, and the beginning of the most recently made Jane Eyre (definitely the best adaptation).  We played "tennis" for a bit.  It was a really fun day, overall.  She was a bit embarrassed/annoyed of her family, which I felt bad for her feeling that way.  Her sister told me I was "funny" and "cool".  I was happy about that;D.  We ate THE biggest amount of junk food ever.  We had fried chicken and bread for dinner, then ice cream.

We watched the Modern Family episode outside, in her dad's truck's bed with a Snuggie keeping her, myself, and her older younger sister [sort of] warm.

Reader, what do you think of when someone says, "My mom is grocery shopping, so we don't have anything"?  Do you literally think of them as having nothing?  Not even margarine for the bread you're eating for dinner?  Well, that's what Zorana's family thinks.  Haha.

She said it's because there needs to be as much room in the fridge as possible for their holiday coming up.  I can't remember what it's called, but it revolves around a saint.  She invited me to come over on the Sunday that it starts, but I obviously couldn't, but I think I'm going to try for the Monday part.  I'm not going to be bowing to anything, don't worry.  Haha.  I think it'd just be different and a lot of fun.

Well, I have to do laundry and pack for this Renaissance-filled weekend, reader.  I love you!

P.S.  It is ridiculous how exhausted I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs with floral elements by createthecut