A Chocolate Milkshake, Not Sleep, Is Beckoning Me

Monday, August 2, 2010

Hey!  Long time, no see!

See that?  I used a cliche to lure you into this blog entry because I had no other witty anecdote to persuade you into reading this super magnificent post.

Well, actually, it won't be super magnificent (that's a bit of a double-negative).  I'm just bored.  It is approximately an hour and a half post-first-blog-entry, and all I can think to do right now is make a milkshake.  Obviously, I'd have to mix it by hand in an effort not to disturb my family members in their slumber, but I'm frankly to lazy.

I guess I'll just post my movies and books now, considering it is my next post and it is, technically, the second day of me having this blog.

Books/Novels:

Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
Started: 7/7 (not sure what time) Finished: 7/8 6:33pm

Pretties by Scott Westerfeld
Started: 7/9 between 12:30pm and 1:30pm

House Rules by Jodi Picoult
Started: 7/16 1:27pm never finished (This was a book for book club, and I started it the day of our meeting, so I wasn't able to finish it, and I don't think I'm going to.)

Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
Started: 7/26 6:16pm  Finished: I'm still reading it...
Now, before you all get too excited, I'm not a big Jane Austen fan.  Throughout my entire life Pride and Prejudice was so overplayed and overmentioned in my household, that it became a nuisance in my eyes to the point that I felt it was my duty to rebel against taking any interest in it.  However, as of late, I have given it another chance and I now look at it with new, more open eyes.  I actually like it now, but I'm not gaga over it.  So, don't raise your blood pressure too high.

I've always loved the Sense and Sensibility with half of the cast of Harry Potter and I remember being very confused during my watching Persuasion at Girls Camp, but, overall, enjoying it.  So, I decided if I just had to read one Jane Austen novel in my lifetime, I'd choose Sense and Sensibility. 

So, there's that.

Movies:
I can't really remember the first couple in order, so you'll have to be patient, young grasshopper.

The Importance of Being Earnest
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Annie (I watched this a couple of times within the past week, actually)
Anastasia
The Musketeer (I watched this last night)
Up (I watched this yesterday, and it's one of my new favorite movies)

I think that's everything.  I can't decide whether or not to pull an all-nighter.  I usually just pass out near the end.  I think that staying up all night and day will help in the improvement of my sleeping pattern.  I had been going to bed earlier and earlier for some reason, but I kind of screwed that up tonight.  Maybe staying up will give me the chance to get everything back in order.  I'm leaving for Alabama at 5am on Wednesday, so I'll need to be getting to bed pretty earlier tomorrow/today.

I'm getting a million mosquito bites at the moment, and I'm not liking it.

Well, bye, I suppose.

P.S.  I didn't do much of anything today.  I meant to be productive and get started with my packing, and, possibly, doing an assignment for my online Driver's Ed class, but that didn't happen OF COURSE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs with floral elements by createthecut