"Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration."

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Um, so I'm becoming hooked on NCIS. It's not as repetitive and annoying as those other crime shows. We were kind of forced to watch it because my great aunt has it on an instant recording tivo thing, but I'm not complaining. I also got to watch some Medical Incredible today, which may not seem exciting to every other teenage girl, but it definitely is a treat to me.

I bought this vintage traveling trunk today. It's yellow and faded with stickers on it. I. LOVE. IT. That's all I bought, and I wasn't even going to get out on that stop when we were doing the yard sale because it was murderously hot, but there ended up being a million things I wanted at that particular stop. They had these vintage Spock and Captain Kirk action figures. They also had all of this vintage Disney stuff and Star Wars toys and this Darth Vader mask. It was basically my entire life on four tables.

We ended up only doing about two miles of the yard sale because of the miserable heat and my Great Aunt Esther had a headache. Which was fine. We did get some homemade ice cream, which was quite delicious and quite messy. At least, mine was:/.

This morning was a bit difficult, though. My grandma and I slept in the same bed, and she got up at 4am. Why is beyond me. She took a shower and whatnot, so I heard her get up and go in there. Then, she laid down again, and I didn't realize she was there until I stretched out and accidentally hit her. Wupz. Then, the hurricane came. At 8am, my great aunt came down and started talking loud and laughing a bit obnoxiously. She then proceeded to repeatedly tell Joshua and me to wake up and take showers. Now, I don't think I mentioned this in my last post, but they're having trouble with keeping their water on and their AC is broken, which made for a heat-infested sleep. I wanted nothing more than to take a shower. I let Josh take his first, but the water had gone out again, apparently, so we told my aunt, and she told my great uncle. So, he turned it on. Then, it turned off while Josh was in the shower. Needless to say, after a perspiration-filled night, I didn't get to shower, and Josh barely got all of the shampoo out of his hair.

We got back from Mickalene's a couple of hours ago. We took showers there. I've never loved her more. They have quite a few cats at their house right now and two dogs and they kind of congregated towards me. I don't know if it was because I smelled good after taking a shower, or because I had some sort of aura. Haha. I love animals:).

My grandma was actually thinking about leaving tomorrow because we were just so gross and miserable, but now wants to stay until Monday.

I'm not sure what we're doing tomorrow.

Sweetdreams, reader. I'm so freaking exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs with floral elements by createthecut