"Dream catch me when I fall, or else I won't come back at all..."

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Hey there, 11:24pm!

So, I was feeling tired around dinner time, but thanks to that milkshake I was craving last night and ate a few minutes ago, I'm a little more lively.  So much for going to bed early.

My all-nighter didn't exactly work out as planned.  I finally decided I'd just go read and whatever happened, happened, but I ended up not even reading, but turning off the light after saying a prayer.

I woke up a few times this morning and wanted to be productive, but my heavy eyelids and limbs opposed the notion.  I ended up getting out of bed at 12:21pm.

I ate a banana for breakfast, and my mom came home for lunch shortly after with a 12-inch meatball sub from Subway.  Six of the twelve inches were for me:).

After my mom left, I contemplated starting my laundry and packing what little of the clean clothes I had at that moment, but didn't.  I then decided I'd work on my assignment for Driver's Ed, but didn't.  Why?  This computer was staring me in the face with its enticing screen and keys.  Needless to say, my day was full of procrastination.

My speakers actually ended up breaking.  After dropping them on the floor so many times, they finally decided I had used up all of my second chances.  No matter what I did, the light that indicates they're working wouldn't come on for more than just a short moment.  This gave me an excuse for not doing my assignment because the particular one I planned on doing requires audio.

Around 4:30pm I finally started my laundry (just one load, mind you) of the things I was thinking about wearing.  The thing about my packing is, is that I pack for any and every situation.  My thought process is as follows:
"We might go out to a fancy restaurant, or maybe a semi-fancy restaurant, so I'll pack this nice top with some jeans and a skirt."
"Oh, there might be a pool/beach there, so everyone will probably want to go swimming, so I'll pack this bathing suit.  Wait, they might want to go swimming more than once, so I'll pack both of my bathing suits."
"Oh, I've packed too many white tops, so I'll just pack some extra non-whites just in case these get stained."
...and so forth

The thing about this trip is we don't really have much planned, besides going to the "biggest" garage sale (it stretches from Alabama to Ohio, but they, apparently, have many of these in different parts of the U.S. throughout the year.)  We also have to pack light because there will be three of us (my grandma, my cousin, Joshua, and myself) all crammed in my grandma's go-kart of a car.  So, there's no me packing for any and every situation, I just have to work with a few outfits.  While it was a challenge, I think I did pretty well.  There's actually still room in my suitcase, so I'm quite proud.

My mom, grandma, and I went out to dinner with my cousin, Ian, his wife, Heather, and their son, Dylan, and their nephew, Landon (Who is living with them right now.)  We went to Applebee's.  I ordered my chicken tenders, as always (I'm still five, get over it) and we talked about their trip to my favorite place in the world, North Carolina, and their current family situation.

My mom found some way to upload other people's music from their ipods to other people's itunes, so we just did that.  Of course, with my stupid computer, you have to play every individual song in the folder, in order for it to upload to your library.  AWESOME.

I also had to deal with webshots.com today whilst trying to organize and delete pictures from my computer's memory.  It was taking forever, so I started to do one at a time, thinking it would upload more quickly.  I was deceived in that thought process.

Well, I'm off to listen to 666 songs (yes, my mom is Satan, apparently.)  Then, I will try my absolute best to finish packing and falling into dreamland before 3am.

Faretheewell, reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs with floral elements by createthecut