Utah, Here I Come!

Friday, August 13, 2010

Ugh, I accidentally watched a rated R movie.  Way to go, Jazmin.  It was Amelie, and I should have known it was rated R from the beginning, but I just erased it from my mind and fast forwarded where I thought necessary:/.

I also watched Paper Heart.  I liked it.  It wasn't awful, and it was an interesting concept, but I didn't love it.  Even if Michael Cera does consistently play the same role in each of the films he's in, I still love that character.  Sorry if you feel differently.  The chick reminded me a lot of my best friend, Gabby.

After that, I watched The Bumblebee Flies Anyway.  I probably only watched it because Elijah Woods is the main character, and he and Dominic Monaghan are all over my childhood diaries.  The movie was very Lifetime-esque.  Of course, ten minutes or so before the movie was about to end, my computer chooses to inform me that it will be updating itself within the next fifteen minutes.  I decided, since the movie was almost over, I wouldn't click the "Restart now" button, but wait for the countdown to hit zero.  Big mistake.  The computer started shutting down at the very moment when Mr. Elijah is deciding whether or not to jump (you'll know what I mean if you've seen it.)  I decided to just let it do its thing, and go to sleep.  It would be an hour before I've been going to bed (it was around 4am.)  I finished it this afternoon (I woke up at 2:15pm:/), but I won't spoil the ending for you.

Today, I did laundry and packed.  Of course, the washing machine decided to start leaking last night, so I had to "keep an eye on it."  It ended up leaking again today whilst my not looking.  Super.  My mom wasn't her happiest.

I also got my class schedule today.  Finally.  I am taking AP Statistics this year, and I am not excited about that prospect.

What I am excited about is the fact that I will be in Utah in about thirteen hours.  I'll be seeing Abby and Hernando (my friends who moved back to their hometown in Utah a couple of weeks ago) once again.  I'll also be seeing my Uncle Ken and Aunt Shelley, which is a definite excitement.  My Uncle Kenny is one of my dad's three brothers.  He's kind of been the one I've always admired and felt most at ease around.  I do love the others equally, of course, but Ken is just more light-hearted and intellectual in my eyes, but at the same time, he's this big teddy bear.  One of my favorite memories is when they were visiting Florida, and they were staying with us.  The morning they left, I heard someone coming into my room.  I played possum and pretended to still be asleep, and soon felt his hairy face giving me a goodbye peck on the cheek. I didn't just know it was him because of his scruffy beard, but because of the joy and comfort that filled my room once he entered it.  I love my Aunt Shelley, too, of course.  She talks to me like she's genuinely interested in what I have to say.  She's just one of those people that you instantly want to talk to upon seeing her.

It's going to be so freaking hard saying goodbye to Abby and Hernando again.  It was hard even when I knew I'd be seeing them in a couple of weeks.  Abby has just become what I feel a sister would be.  We can tease each other and slip sarcastically snotty remarks one moment, and in the next, explain how much we love each other.  Hernando, her husband, is kind of like a brother to me in many ways.  They both are such great examples to me, and I love them so much.

I've decided not to even attempt sleep.  There's no way I can make myself fall asleep, even if I was tired.  The thought of me seeing these people who I love so dearly within hours is just something that will keep my mind racing right through to the time my alarm goes off.

Yesterday, I spent the entire day reading some of Sense and Sensibility and a lot of The Bell Jar (It's one of my summer reading assignments, and I figured I'd better get it started.  It started reading it at 5:26pm), and reading about the Bronte family.  My favorite book is Jane Eyre, and the fact that there is a Charlotte in S and S, threw my mind into wanting to read about Charlotte Bronte again (I've read about her a couple of times before.)  Then, I became more interested in her other family members.  It kind of made me dislike Charlotte Bronte a bit.  She wouldn't let her sister, Anne's, manuscript of her second novel be published after she had died, simply because she thought it was too realistic for society to handle.  Even though her other sister, Emily's, Wuthering Heights probably possessed more violence.  The Wikipedia article said something about Emily's novel being more romantically dramatic than Anne's.  From all the reading of this family, I've come to the conclusion than Anne is my favorite.  I'd like to think I'm a lot like her.  Sure, she'll deal with the crap she has to deal with patience, but she still sticks up for herself.

Naturally, I logged into Netflix, and ordered every movie about the Bronte family.  I also searched for movie adaptions of Anne's novels, but only found one for The Tenant of Wildfell Hall.  It was three hours and on the instant play list.  So, I watched it all today.  I really liked it.  Though, I did skip a couple of parts because it seemed like they were taking a turn for the worst.  I'd really like to read it and Agnes Grey.

Funnily enough, the guy who played Gilbert Markham (the love-interest) also plays in my favorite film adaption of Jane Eyre.  This time he had a bit of a Scottish-sounding accent;).  That was quite nice.

What was also quite nice was the fact that there were no Edmunds, Edwards, Charlottes, or Janes.  Don't get me wrong, I love those names (with the exception of one when referring to a sparkly vampire.)  It's just a nice change.

Well, I'm off to bathe, and pack my toiletries.

Sweetdreams, reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs with floral elements by createthecut