My Heart Is My Own, But I'd Like To Share It With You

Monday, August 2, 2010

Hey there!

Oh, yes, another blog.  Will it last?  Probably not,  but being that I turned sixteen a little less than a month ago, I've decided with that age change, comes more perseverance and such.  I've already come up with two projects to make me more productive and I'm really making it a priority to stick to them for at least a year.  One of those projects is this old thing.

Being LDS, family history has made its way across my hearing range quite a few times in my wee life, and because of that, I've always tried to do my part in keeping a diary or a journal.  I'll be doing good for about a month, maybe two, then I stop writing for a week, then I might write again in support of procrastination on another activity, then I don't write again for another two weeks, maybe I'll write on that third week, but after that, I just don't see the point.  I think of it as so many things have gone on in that timespan that I haven't recorded for my children or my grandchildren to read, and I don't feel those events worthy to be written of anymore because the exact feelings and moments that I want to remember can no longer be expressed in the way that I want them to be portrayed.  They will no longer suffice as being real enough for me; they will no longer convey the exactness that I would want to be portrayed.

Then, as I was talking with a couple of friends about this at Youth Conference, one of them told me that she likes to write her entries in a word document, and just print them because she doesn't like the fact that you can't go back and edit what you handwrite, and she doesn't want to put everything up on a blog for the entire world to see.  This is probably part of why I stop writing blog entries, because they become too personal, or because I make up excuses as to why I shouldn't write them anymore.  Whether it be because the blog was only supposed to be for the summertime, and no one is interested, anyways.  Or I don't have to write, I have a million freaking school assignments to do.  In these thought bubbles, I lose my reasoning as to why I started writing these blogs.  I'm not writing them to please my readers; I'm writing them so that my future kin will know me; know who I was, know who I wanted to be.  I'm not writing them to entertain others; I'm writing them to express how my day has been, how my life is going, who is annoying me or inspiring me at that moment in time.

While my friend prefers to keep her thoughts and feelings to herself, I want to convey mine to anyone who comes across this little project of mine.  I want to transfer my life to someone who may be in need of a laugh, or a virtual empathy hug.  While you may see this as wanting to write this thing for someone else, that's not what I mean when I say I wish share my story with someone who needs it.  I'm writing this for me, and me alone, but if it helps someone along the way, I am one-hundred and fifty million percent okay with that:).

Oh, and I plan to post these everyday before midnight.  If I don't, well, no one is really reading these yet, so I guess if I get some followers, I'll ask for punishments or something?  I don't know...

Sweet dreams, reader.

P.S.  My other "project" is to record every book I read for a year.  I started July eighth (my birthday).  So, I'll post them starting in my next blog.

P.S.S.  I just came up with another project!  Recording all of the MOVIES I watch;).  I've watched quite a few this past week, so I'll start from Thursday of last week, I think.  I'll post these tomorrow as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs with floral elements by createthecut