Letters to August - 3

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Dear August,

I have this issue.

Yes, another one.

For some reason it takes me a little too long to completely open up to people.  I don't know why, but I just naturally crawl up in my shell until far down the road when something just switches and I finally crack myself open a bit.  Even then, it's always little by little.

Don't get me wrong.  I'd consider myself a pretty friendly person, but it's easy to crack jokes all day to strangers and have a good time without ever actually saying or doing anything meaningful.  It's something I'm really trying to work on.  The weird irony is I am typically the type of person that hates doing or saying things that aren't meaningful.

I have been in this ward for three months now and I have felt so much love throughout my entire time here, but it is only now (when I'm leaving) that I have subconsciously decided to let these incredible people crack that stupid shell of mine.

Heavenly Father placed me in this ward because He knew I needed it.  He seems to always know exactly who or what I need.  He knew I needed to be surrounded by these awesome people with their awesome testimonies and their awesome love.







Yet another thing I'm indebted to Him for.

Love,
Jazmin

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs with floral elements by createthecut