Letters to August - 16

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Dear August,

I am so grateful I have a mom with a love of adventure.

I mentioned to her that I wanted to go to Savannah, Georgia while I was home before I head back to Utah, but we never really decided on a day to go.  Yesterday, the thought of going just had me itching to go right then and there, so I asked her if she would be up for going today.  She said yes.  We went.  It was fantastic.

Savannah is one of my favorite places in the universe.  It is rich with so much history (one of my favorite things) and life (another favorite).  Each building is so unique and the greenery sweeps me off my feet with its beauty every time I visit that magnificent place.  There is something for anyone and everyone.  I learn (and sometimes relearn) something new every time I go and it is always a fantastic treat.






Part of Flannery O'Connor's childhood home.

One of the many awesome boutiques.


This time around we took a different trolley tour than we usually do.  It was great to get a new perspective, then my mother indulged me (as she always does) and we went to Flannery O'Connor's childhood home and got the grand tour.  There were some similarities between Miss O'Connor and myself, which left me a little unsettled, but our tour guide was so nice (like everyone in Savannah).  Since it was just my mom and I for his audience, that actually made it even more fun.

We got to just kind of do our own thing once the trolley tour was over and it was magnificent.





Mickey Mouse boat?
If I could, I would probably stay in Savannah forever, but for now I'll just dream of that day.

Love,
Jazmin

P.S.
I'm five years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs with floral elements by createthecut