Letters to August - 1

Friday, August 1, 2014

Dear August,

It seems I have already neglected you.  For that I apologize.

This week has been a bit of a whirlwind, but a whirlwind of so much pure joy.

Tonight I got to celebrate the wedding of my dear friend, Emma, to her dear Josh at their reception.  I have known Emma for so long I don't think we've ever not known each other, and we have known Josh since we were fourteen.  It's so weird to think about that, but so beautiful to see.  To be able to witness their love is such a breath of fresh air. It brings light into the world to see them together and just radiating love for one another.

Tonight was filled with getting a million flowers together, cutting nauseatingly juicy meats, and preparing for a speech in only mere seconds, but it was so worth it.

I pretty much said all I have wanted to say about this happily ever after in my impromptu speech, but I cannot say this enough:

I am so happy for the joy of eternity these two have decided to embark on together.

My seventeenth birthday party - 7/30/2011
Their wedding day - 7/29/2014


Love,
Jazmin


P.S.



An intro to my Letters to August project can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs with floral elements by createthecut