Letters to August - 14

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Dear August,

Someday my prince will come.

I have been thinking a lot about him lately with one friend from home having gotten married and another engaged.

I mean, this isn't the first time I've thought about him.  I have twenty years-worth of lists with qualities he will have and I've practiced copious amounts of signatures with last names that aren't my own, but this is different.

I read this post from a friend of mine today, and the thought that my prince just might actually be real flourished even more in my mind than it has as of late (which is a lot).  That fairytale where he sweeps me off my feet with a large pizza and a cookies and cream milkshake to share?  That just might happen.  I've always trusted that it would (maybe not always with the artery-hardeners), but it has never been so tangible as it is now.

I am actually an adult with a pretty okay head on her shoulders who is capable of making eternal decisions and commitments, such as making promises in the House of the Lord to another human being as well as God.

Woah.

I've mostly been thinking about all the little things that add up to me adding to him and him to me.  I've been thinking about how perfect Heavenly Father's plan is for each of us, individually and as a whole.  He knows whose eternity I can add to and who can add to mine.  I'm so happy that He knows, because I would probably be running around like a chicken with its head cut off trying to figure out who in the world will make me happy for time and all eternity if He didn't.

What really matters is that he will love you, that he will respect you, that he will honor you, that he will be absolutely true to you, that he will give you freedom of expression and let you fly in the development of your own talents. He is not going to be perfect, but if he is kind and thoughtful, if he knows how to work and earn a living, if he is honest and full of faith, the chances are that you will not go wrong, that you will be immensely happy. - President Gordon B. Hinckley

I want that prince of mine to immerse himself in the gospel of Jesus Christ.  I want him to adore our children and me.  That's really all I require.

(He also probably should not be opposed to couple Halloween costumes and watching Lord of the Rings with me at least once a month, but I guess I can let those things slide.)

While the thought of my prince is still weighing heavy on my mind right now I'll just focus on My King and who He needs me to be before the day arrives when my calorie-providing knight makes his appearance.

Until then,
Jazmin C.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs with floral elements by createthecut