Letters to August - 9

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Dear August,

The summer of 2013 was a big one for me.  I was moving into my first real (non-dorm) apartment; I was getting ready to go on my mission; and I met some of the greatest people on earth.

One of them was my roommate, Arianne.  I didn't really get to know her until the day I heard her blasting Justin Timberlake's The 20/20 Experience.  My room roommate and I had been listening to that album on repeat since the day it came out and the fact that this tall, stylish, beautiful girl with the brightest eyes I'd ever seen was listening to it made me instantly want to be her friend.  It all kind of snowballed from there.

Arianne brings me out of my comfort zone (in the best way).  She encourages me to do things that I had previously only thought about letting myself do.  She helped me out of the arrogant attitude I had about mainstream music in high school.  She helps me to know myself better by being so comfortable in herself.  She embraces my crazy completely and I don't remember a time she has not had an encouraging word to say.

She shares my love of baking, service, and Pretty in Pink amongst other things.

She is truly one of the most beautiful people I have ever met.  I am so grateful Heavenly Father allowed me the blessing of having her in my life.

One thing that Arianne and I love to do when life is stressing us out is just blast some tunes and get our groove on.  Since today is her birthday and we are in opposite corners of the country, I decided to get my groove on enough for the both of us.  There are about a million songs that this lovely lady and I share a love for, but these are a few that spoke to me today.



I hope she has had a fantastic birthday, August.  She so deserves it.

Love,
Jazmin

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs with floral elements by createthecut