Letters to August - 26

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Dear August,

They say it's not the destination, but the journey that counts, or something to that effect.

I happen to think both the journey and the destination are pretty awesome, but the beginning is the part that really sucks for me.  I am the biggest procrastinator when it comes to packing.  I am the biggest procrastinator when it comes to a lot of things (I'm working on it), but packing most of all.  I don't know if it's just overwhelming, or the fact that I always forget something and just don't care enough to pack anything anymore if I'm just going to forget.  That's not logical, but look who we're talking about here.

Packing is always last minute for me and it is always in increments.

Oh, I've got all my clothes done?  Let's see what books I want to bring.  Oh, I can't leave him behind, or him, or her, or that one I.  (Yes, we are still talking about books.)  I wish I could read all the time.  There are so many books to read in the world.  Reading is so wonderful.  I wonder what books goodreads has to offer me today.

*cue a million hours of searching books to put on my "to-read" list*

Oh, I should probably pack my bathroom stuff and my carry-on.  I need to charge my laptop for tomorrow. I wonder if there are any sales going on online...

You get it.

There also might be something stopping me like the disheartening fact that I like to think I'm a minimalist, and nothing proves me more wrong than packing.

See you tomorrow, Provo.  If I somehow finish packing.

Love,
Jazmin

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs with floral elements by createthecut